Term: Full Time, May 2021 – March 2022 (with possibility of extension), 35 hours per week, 8:30am-4:30pm
Salary – $18.00 – $24.00 – Based on Education and Experience
Posting Date: Thursday April 1st, 2021
Closing Date: Thursday April 15th, 2021 @ 4:30pm
Who we are: Onyota’a:ka Kahsatsta^sla’ Ltd or OK Ltd. is a subsidiary of Twatatya’ Takenhas Inc. (TTI) and is newly formed Oneida Energy Company dedicated to providing opportunities for sustainable energy projects for the Oneida Nation of the Thames. TTI was created by Oneida Nation of the Thames in 2006 to create business development opportunities and own-source revenue for the community.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the OK Board, the Community Energy Champion (CEC) will help develop, coordinate, and implement strategies and policies to reduce the community’s energy consumption. The CEC will also seek out additional sources of funding opportunities relating to energy retrofits, hosts energy workshops with technical and practical advice, and offers training to the community on energy efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Community Energy Champion will be responsible for completing work related to the implementation of activities found in Oneida’s Community Energy Plan (OCEP 2016). Solar build Coordinator, monitoring and maintenance of solar assets, Management and reporting of micro-grid data to Oneida Chief and Council. Carrying out Energy Audits, Community Engagement Sessions and Workshops, assisting in the project management of IESO funding programs.
- The Employee agrees to be employed on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement. The Employee agrees to be subject to the general supervision of and act pursuant to the orders, advice, and direction of the Employer.
- The Employee will perform any and all duties as requested by the Employer that are reasonable and that are customarily performed by a person holding a similar position in the industry or business of the Employer.
- The Employer may make changes to the job title or duties of the Employee where the changes would be considered reasonable for a similar position in the industry or business of the Employer. The Employee’s job title or duties may be changed by agreement and with the approval of both the Employee and the Employer or after a notice period required under law.
- The Employee agrees to abide by the Employer’s rules, regulations, policies and practices, including those concerning work schedules, vacation and sick leave, as they may from time to time be adopted or modified.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of Solar Theory an assist
- Time Management
- Strong organization skills
- Written and verbal communications
- Ability to work with a team and to take individual initiative
- Financial book-keeping an asset
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills, eagerness, and dedication
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent required.
- 2 years experience minimum working with Indigenous Organizations an asset,
- Have completed post-secondary education in the electrical field, i.e. Electrical Technician, etc. an asset
- Community Solar Theory and Installation Training an asset, (training will be provided to successful candidate)
- The successful applicant will provide a recent (within one year) Vs-CPIC, at own expense, prior to starting employment
- The successful applicant will provide a photocopy of all applicable educational qualifications (certifications, diplomas, degrees)
- Resume, Cover letter
- 2 references (Name and Number or letter)
- All applicants will be screened according to above qualifications
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Please visit our website https://onetti.ca/ or contact Board member Brandon Doxtator for more information Phone: 226-378-4725 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Environment and Consultation Coordinator
Oneida Nation of the Thames
Oneida Public Works Office
2706 Nicholas Rd, Oneida
T^teskwahlolyana’ Nahte’ Weswalihwatsh^’li
“Come and tell us what you found out”